Spare goggles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Gateway Timeout Errors
by von Corax Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:06 am

» We seem to be down again
by von Corax Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:42 pm

» Yet Another Upgrade: Saturday, 2 September 2023
by von Corax Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:58 pm

» Major Announcement: The Great Migration is Done!
by von Corax Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:13 pm

» If you're attempting to register at Brass Goggles…
by von Corax Fri May 26, 2023 5:30 am

» My Account on the Main Forum Has a Problem; Need Help
by Sorontar Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:57 pm

» Sceduled Server Maintenance
by von Corax Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:02 am

» Major Software Upgrade Wednesday June 8, 2022
by von Corax Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:23 pm

» Writing a Book...!
by Sarahsteam Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:26 am

» Subject: STEAMPUNK!
by Bartholomew Thatch Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:17 am

» Scheduled Maintenance Saturday Feb 19, 2022 @ 12:00 Noon EST
by Lazaras Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:49 am

» New Brass Goggles Administrator
by Xenos Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:21 am

» New member introduction thread.
by Avalon Skyboat Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:24 am

» Unexpected Change of Nationality?
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:34 pm

» How was your day thread (continued)
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:06 pm

» We Have Reached Peak Beard!
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:45 am

» Choose your Favorite Spare Goggles Emoticon!
by von Corax Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:02 am

» I hereby declare this a wizard-free zone
by The Corsair Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:29 am

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Statistics
We have 731 registered users
The newest registered user is vastfrontierz

Our users have posted a total of 8204 messages in 708 subjects

Spare goggles Exploration Journal entries

2 posters

Go down

Spare goggles Exploration Journal entries Empty Spare goggles Exploration Journal entries

Post  rovingjack Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:21 pm

Date unknown-
Having stepped through the portal created by Professor Garthblats Infernal Device with my expedition team, I am alarmed to find myself alone in this strange place. Worse still is the fact that the portal seems to have disappeared as well.

I have with me supplies enough for a days food and water, perhaps three days if I tightly ration them, and enough non-consumables with which to make my way through this varied terrain. I hope to find a means of augmenting my supplies from the local landscape and keep myself going in a healthy if not completely comfortable state.

If luck is with me the portal will be reestablished and I can return home; or at the least find my missing expedition team. I will keep this journal in the eventuality of my death before I can return through a portal or my expedition team finds me succumbed to some hazard of this landscape before me.

Jack Jager, roving adventurer.

rovingjack
crewhand
crewhand

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-02-26

Back to top Go down

Spare goggles Exploration Journal entries Empty Re: Spare goggles Exploration Journal entries

Post  rovingjack Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:11 am

Date unknown.
Time passes strangely in this place. I feel as though I have been here for days, alone and without sign of any other members of my team arriving, yet it seems as though there has been only a constant twilight. No day, no night, just a constant in between.

I cannot trust my chronometer, it seems to no longer function properly. It changes time at seeming random as I wander through this landscape. First forward, and then backward, sometime the date rolls backward. It does not seem to be obviously damaged though between sleeping and waking it appears to not change in the least.

I can only gauge time here by the hunger I feel and the exhaustion that claims me at the end of what I feel is a days exploration.

I can only keep exploring in hopes of finding an answer, portal or anything that may help me in some way.

rovingjack
crewhand
crewhand

Back to top Go down

Spare goggles Exploration Journal entries Empty Re: Spare goggles Exploration Journal entries

Post  rovingjack Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Date unknown-

This place is maddening. The unending twilight and time that stays still unless I move through it, and even then it moves in seeming random. I have no idea how long I've been here or even if time has passed for my team to seek me out and rescue me.

I've had to resort to living off the land and been fortunate enough to find edible berries, nuts and tubers growing at different stages, I've even found some small game animals. The animals are nearly impossible to capture as they seem to be completely unaware of me one moment and then panic just as I am about to strike. Which wasn't much of a surprise, as most such animals rightly assume they are about to be eaten. What was a surprise the first time was seeing one such creates reaction resulting in it suddenly disappearing.

I have no idea if it's some sort of invisibility defense or if the creatures have the ability to translocate themselves to another place or perhaps given the strange nature of this place to another time. But I've managed to overcome this difficulty by setting some simple traps and snares.

One additional issue with the game animals is that I've needed to restrain them well because I lost more than a few early on to the fact that the movement of time in all direction that I travel can and has reversed the death of several meals. Thankfully it hasn't effect more than two meals that I had cooked and was preparing to bite into. Let me tell you that was a nasty surprise.

This place will take some time to adapt to it's strange ways, but I have little option. I've not given up hope yet but I also don't expect that the resolution to standing here will be some time in the finding. I will carry on regardless. I do not know how to do anything else.

rovingjack
crewhand
crewhand

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bullet Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:42 pm

*appears in a blinding flash of light*

*looks at pocketwatch-shaped device*

JACK!
Glad we finally found you! Good to see you´re still alive.
The Portal´s fan-belt slipped and you were sent waaaaaay off target.

*opens backpack*

Have some food here, small weapons and a tent.
The team is working on a solution but so far it is a one-way trip for me, too.
Until now they could only reconstruct the path you took.
We have no information on this place.

What have you found out? Is this place inhabited? How about food and resources?

The Bullet
gunner
gunner

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2014-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  rovingjack Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:30 am

date unknown-
It seems as though I just created my last entry but at the same time there is a sense of vast intervening time. I swear there were signs of one or more others for a fleeting moment in time.

Perhaps in some other weird bubble of space time moving both faster and slower, there are more beings here, maybe even some natives.

that is a concerning thought. What would a native in such a place as this be like? Would they attack me for failed diplomatic efforts which have happend in the future? Even more worrying, is there a child of mine wandering this place, perhaps with a family of their own before I've conceived them or met their mother.

What would become of them should they be the natives who attack me and they are victorious in killing me?

bah, this place is suited to philosophers more than practical beings. But like it or not this is where I am for the time being. one must remain vigilant for answers when they may come at any time, including yesterdays that have yet to happen.

rovingjack
crewhand
crewhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down