Spare goggles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» We seem to be down again
by von Corax Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:55 pm

» Gateway Timeout Errors
by von Corax Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:06 am

» Yet Another Upgrade: Saturday, 2 September 2023
by von Corax Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:58 pm

» Major Announcement: The Great Migration is Done!
by von Corax Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:13 pm

» If you're attempting to register at Brass Goggles…
by von Corax Fri May 26, 2023 5:30 am

» My Account on the Main Forum Has a Problem; Need Help
by Sorontar Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:57 pm

» Sceduled Server Maintenance
by von Corax Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:02 am

» Major Software Upgrade Wednesday June 8, 2022
by von Corax Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:23 pm

» Writing a Book...!
by Sarahsteam Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:26 am

» Subject: STEAMPUNK!
by Bartholomew Thatch Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:17 am

» Scheduled Maintenance Saturday Feb 19, 2022 @ 12:00 Noon EST
by Lazaras Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:49 am

» New Brass Goggles Administrator
by Xenos Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:21 am

» New member introduction thread.
by Avalon Skyboat Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:24 am

» Unexpected Change of Nationality?
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:34 pm

» How was your day thread (continued)
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:06 pm

» We Have Reached Peak Beard!
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:45 am

» Choose your Favorite Spare Goggles Emoticon!
by von Corax Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:02 am

» I hereby declare this a wizard-free zone
by The Corsair Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:29 am

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Statistics
We have 731 registered users
The newest registered user is vastfrontierz

Our users have posted a total of 8211 messages in 708 subjects

I hereby declare this a wizard-free zone

+3
Lazaras
von Corax
The Corsair
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I hereby declare this a wizard-free zone - Page 2 Empty Re: I hereby declare this a wizard-free zone

Post  mwbaaailey Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:03 am

Sorry, my weird sense of humor got the best of me again. Plus I'm kind of stircrazy due to being cooped up because, as stated, it's pretty cold outside. I need to play the fiddle, but people here keep coming up with stuff to keep me busy. I wonder why...(lol).
mwbaaailey
mwbaaailey
Bosun

Number of posts : 184
Flag : United States
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

I hereby declare this a wizard-free zone - Page 2 Empty Re: I hereby declare this a wizard-free zone

Post  von Corax Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:10 am

mwbaaailey wrote:I Couldn't access brassgoggles.net, so I guess it's not exactly open for business yet. Don't know where anybody is. I guess it's back to the soulless wastes of the 'net for me. Somebody let me know if anything works out.

For now, we're all still at brassgoggles.co.uk. We'll post a notice well in advance of any actual move.

von Corax
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Number of posts : 199
Flag : Canada
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  The Corsair Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:04 am

mwbaaailey wrote:I Couldn't access brassgoggles.net, so I guess it's not exactly open for business yet. Don't know where anybody is. I guess it's back to the soulless wastes of the 'net for me. Somebody let me know if anything works out.

I didn't think to put a redirect up in the interim. It's up now, but might take a couple of days to come into effect.
The Corsair
The Corsair
crewhand
crewhand

Number of posts : 12
Flag : New Zealand
Registration date : 2020-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorontar Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:07 am

I seem to recall a time when we had to change to .co.uk about a decade ago. What were we at for BG before then?

Sorontar
Sorontar
Sorontar
gunner
gunner

Number of posts : 47
Flag : Australia
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mwbaaailey Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:16 am

Sorontar wrote:I seem to recall a time when we had to change to .co.uk about a decade ago. What were we at for BG before then?

Sorontar

I can't remember the exact arrangement, but if I'm remembering correctly, the "uk" addys always came up as something like "demon.co.uk" (?) . There was also, I think, a period when it was a ".org." or some such.

Huh. funny thing, I can't quite remember any of that for absolutely certain. Must be the "high fevers" thing again. Or maybe I'm just finally achieving senility...
mwbaaailey
mwbaaailey
Bosun

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  J. Wilhelm Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:18 am

Sorontar wrote:I seem to recall a time when we had to change to .co.uk about a decade ago. What were we at for BG before then?

Sorontar

AFAIK we were always on co.uk (since 2009 when I came on board, at least), but at some point we had trouble with that domain name being blocked or some such. Or there was an issue where we actually lost the domain name to non payment. We got Brassgoggles.org so we could access the site. Then we reverted to .co.uk and for some time you could use both domain names (a pointer would redirect to .co.uk) I imagine we just let go of the .org.
J. Wilhelm
J. Wilhelm
Bosun

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazaras Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:59 am

We were always .co.uk as my bookmark hasn't changed in that time.

I MIGHT be misremembering but I sincerely can't recall any other address.

Lazaras
crewhand
crewhand

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorontar Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:45 am

Found the discussion about brassgoggles.org and brassgoggles.co.uk - http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,44111.msg918988.html#msg918988.

Sorontar
Sorontar
Sorontar
gunner
gunner

Number of posts : 47
Flag : Australia
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  von Corax Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:48 pm

I just checked, and both brassgoggles.org and brassgoggles.net currently redirect to brassgoggles.co.uk for me.

von Corax
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  von Corax Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:06 pm

I've just queried my domain registrar on the procedure for transferring brassgoggles.co.uk, .org and .net. I anticipate an answer within the next few business days.

von Corax
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Corsair Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:29 am

I've messaged you separately already Corax, but just to keep everyone else in the loop there's a 60 day standown period after purchasing the domain before it can be transferred to a different registrar. There may also be some issues with moving the .net domain away from google.

What I can do though for now though is give other people full permission to manage the domain, which gets us around that part of the 'single point of failure' issue we've had in the past (for example if I died and my bank accounts were closed, someone else with full permissions could switch the payment method out to their own credit/debit card). We're just in the process of getting Corax in with full permissions, and we can go from there as time goes by with regards to who needs permissions (and at what level).
The Corsair
The Corsair
crewhand
crewhand

Number of posts : 12
Flag : New Zealand
Registration date : 2020-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2