Spare goggles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» We seem to be down again
by von Corax Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:55 pm

» Gateway Timeout Errors
by von Corax Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:06 am

» Yet Another Upgrade: Saturday, 2 September 2023
by von Corax Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:58 pm

» Major Announcement: The Great Migration is Done!
by von Corax Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:13 pm

» If you're attempting to register at Brass Goggles…
by von Corax Fri May 26, 2023 5:30 am

» My Account on the Main Forum Has a Problem; Need Help
by Sorontar Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:57 pm

» Sceduled Server Maintenance
by von Corax Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:02 am

» Major Software Upgrade Wednesday June 8, 2022
by von Corax Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:23 pm

» Writing a Book...!
by Sarahsteam Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:26 am

» Subject: STEAMPUNK!
by Bartholomew Thatch Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:17 am

» Scheduled Maintenance Saturday Feb 19, 2022 @ 12:00 Noon EST
by Lazaras Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:49 am

» New Brass Goggles Administrator
by Xenos Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:21 am

» New member introduction thread.
by Avalon Skyboat Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:24 am

» Unexpected Change of Nationality?
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:34 pm

» How was your day thread (continued)
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:06 pm

» We Have Reached Peak Beard!
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:45 am

» Choose your Favorite Spare Goggles Emoticon!
by von Corax Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:02 am

» I hereby declare this a wizard-free zone
by The Corsair Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:29 am

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Statistics
We have 731 registered users
The newest registered user is vastfrontierz

Our users have posted a total of 8211 messages in 708 subjects

To all the folks who joined up here for the first time

+4
Karl Heinz
Lady Penelope
Torvald_Faust
OldProfessorBear
8 posters

Go down

To all the folks who joined up here for the first time Empty To all the folks who joined up here for the first time

Post  OldProfessorBear Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:26 am

I have no idea whether BG is in shape to take on new members yet -- especially as the formatting is rather ... um ... spare ... at the moment, and navigation is difficult. But as soon as you can, you should sign up over there.

(Don't destroy your account here, though. You may find it useful for one reason or another some day.)
OldProfessorBear
OldProfessorBear
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

To all the folks who joined up here for the first time Empty Re: To all the folks who joined up here for the first time

Post  Torvald_Faust Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:33 pm

OldProfessorBear wrote:(Don't destroy your account here, though. You may find it useful for one reason or another some day.)

Useful? Ofcourse! Even if it was soley for the Offtopic Tactile Wink
Torvald_Faust
Torvald_Faust
gunner
gunner

Number of posts : 35
Flag : Netherlands
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://hellwolve.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

To all the folks who joined up here for the first time Empty Re: To all the folks who joined up here for the first time

Post  OldProfessorBear Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:02 pm

As a matter of fact, I disabled account deletion, just in case anyone was so overcome with joy at the return of BG that they unthinkingly attempted suicide, er, foricide? ... whatever ...

I've also been installing cross-links between threads that started there and continued here, and locked those threads (five so far).

And it looks as though BG is now back to normal operation (though I did have a bad moment or two when it was timing out on me!). So if you never set up an account there, do it now.
OldProfessorBear
OldProfessorBear
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  Torvald_Faust Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:05 pm

OldProfessorBear wrote:As a matter of fact, I disabled account deletion, just in case anyone was so overcome with joy at the return of BG that they unthinkingly attempted suicide, er, foricide? ... whatever ...

A very wise decision, me thinks!
Torvald_Faust
Torvald_Faust
gunner
gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Penelope Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:21 pm

OldProfessorBear wrote:
I've also been installing cross-links between threads that started there and continued here, and locked those threads (five so far).

I think the cross-linking is a great idea, but is it necessary to lock the threads? What I'm thinking is, if BG happens to go down again, it might be better for some of the more popular threads to be able to pick back up here where they left off on BG, without having to create a brand new thread for that to happen.
Lady Penelope
Lady Penelope
officer
officer

Number of posts : 113
Flag : European Union

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Heinz Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:53 pm

I'm one of the newer members here, so I don't already have an account on brass goggles; there are problems registering at the moment. Also, there are no graphics on the website- it's all just black and white atm. When I type in brass goggles or the steam punq address, it won't let me access the site.
As everything has only just been put back up, this dosn't bother me (i'll wait a day or two) but to anyone else who is having the same problem, I think it's because we didn't register before all of this.
Cheers,
matt
Karl Heinz
Karl Heinz
powder monkey
powder monkey

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  OldProfessorBear Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:56 pm

I figured it would be less confusing that way - otherwise we could have threads that branch off in two directions (which could be interesting, but ... I think not so useful).

In the event of another BG outage, it would probably be as well to start new continuation threads anyway, since there would be gaps.

My opinion, of course, and if enough people disagree I can unlock the six (I think) threads easily enough.
OldProfessorBear
OldProfessorBear
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  OldProfessorBear Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:00 pm

Karl Heinz wrote:I'm one of the newer members here, so I don't already have an account on brass goggles; there are problems registering at the moment. Also, there are no graphics on the website- it's all just black and white atm. When I type in brass goggles or the steam punq address, it won't let me access the site.
As everything has only just been put back up, this dosn't bother me (i'll wait a day or two) but to anyone else who is having the same problem, I think it's because we didn't register before all of this.
Cheers,
matt

Ah. My bad for assuming the registration would be working. And yes, I'm getting the unformatted forum there again too.

OK, I will probably be around for a while (unless I suddenly have a powerful need to sleep), so if you were wanting to post to one of the locked threads, I'll unlock it again.

Let me know.
OldProfessorBear
OldProfessorBear
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Heinz Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:13 pm

It's not that the forum is locked, the whole brass goggles website won't load (giving me me a 403 "forbidden" error. The only way I managed to access the forum was clicking one of the links on this website, and that's when it loaded the black/white forum. The reason I couldn't regsiter was becuse the "register" button at the bottom wouldn't work.
Hope that helps,
Matt
Karl Heinz
Karl Heinz
powder monkey
powder monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Orlando Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:21 pm

Lady Penelope wrote:
OldProfessorBear wrote:I've also been installing cross-links between threads that started there and continued here, and locked those threads (five so far).
I think the cross-linking is a great idea, but is it necessary to lock the threads? What I'm thinking is, if BG happens to go down again, it might be better for some of the more popular threads to be able to pick back up here where they left off on BG, without having to create a brand new thread for that to happen.
OldProfessorBear wrote:I figured it would be less confusing that way - otherwise we could have threads that branch off in two directions (which could be interesting, but ... I think not so useful).
In the event of another BG outage, it would probably be as well to start new continuation threads anyway, since there would be gaps.
My opinion, of course, and if enough people disagree I can unlock the six (I think) threads easily enough.
I would prefer that threads are not locked and that any crosslinking is left to the thread owner (the person who started the thread).

Orlando.

Orlando
gunner
gunner

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  OldProfessorBear Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:22 pm

Karl Heinz wrote:It's not that the forum is locked, the whole brass goggles website won't load (giving me me a 403 "forbidden" error. The only way I managed to access the forum was clicking one of the links on this website, and that's when it loaded the black/white forum. The reason I couldn't regsiter was becuse the "register" button at the bottom wouldn't work.
Hope that helps,
Matt

Hmmm ... I wonder what that means. It's clearly in BG's court, of course. I assume they're working on it ... I hope ...
OldProfessorBear
OldProfessorBear
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Lyerly Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:32 pm

I registered this morning, as I had failed to do so before all this started.

I am getting full graphic load at this time, seeing none of the problems others are experiencing. I will not attribute this to clean living and higher moral standards on my part, but... Very Happy

Hang in there. Normality is being restored.

Chas.

Captain Lyerly
Comanding Officer

Number of posts : 226
Flag : Belgium
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post  OldProfessorBear Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:57 pm

Hanging ... never fear ...
OldProfessorBear
OldProfessorBear
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  Torvald_Faust Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:36 pm

OldProfessorBear wrote:
Karl Heinz wrote:It's not that the forum is locked, the whole brass goggles website won't load (giving me me a 403 "forbidden" error. The only way I managed to access the forum was clicking one of the links on this website, and that's when it loaded the black/white forum. The reason I couldn't regsiter was becuse the "register" button at the bottom wouldn't work.
Hope that helps,
Matt

Hmmm ... I wonder what that means. It's clearly in BG's court, of course. I assume they're working on it ... I hope ...

As far as I know, it means that the old domain doesn't point to the new server(s) just yet Smile
Torvald_Faust
Torvald_Faust
gunner
gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  OldProfessorBear Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:43 pm

Another thing to check is your JavaScript permissions. I was having a problem with spoilers not working until someone reminded me of this. Of course, the permissions were fine for the original BG URL, but not for the new one.
OldProfessorBear
OldProfessorBear
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Heinz Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:17 am

Cheers guys, it's all working fine now. I'm on there as Matthias Gladstone; Karl Heinz was too silly, even for me.
-matt
Karl Heinz
Karl Heinz
powder monkey
powder monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  jake krugar Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:41 pm

OldProfessorBear wrote:
(Don't destroy your account here, though. You may find it useful for one reason or another some day.)

THAT DAY HAS COME!!!

jake krugar
powder monkey
powder monkey

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Torvald_Faust Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:45 pm

I am afraid so :?
Torvald_Faust
Torvald_Faust
gunner
gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Alegrah Eredschtadt Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:25 pm

I actually found here through BG. Razz Found it on the link to Herr Doktor's blog. I have the same name minus the space on there. It was too long. Razz
Alegrah Eredschtadt
Alegrah Eredschtadt
powder monkey
powder monkey

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down