Spare goggles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Gateway Timeout Errors
by von Corax Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:06 am

» We seem to be down again
by von Corax Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:42 pm

» Yet Another Upgrade: Saturday, 2 September 2023
by von Corax Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:58 pm

» Major Announcement: The Great Migration is Done!
by von Corax Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:13 pm

» If you're attempting to register at Brass Goggles…
by von Corax Fri May 26, 2023 5:30 am

» My Account on the Main Forum Has a Problem; Need Help
by Sorontar Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:57 pm

» Sceduled Server Maintenance
by von Corax Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:02 am

» Major Software Upgrade Wednesday June 8, 2022
by von Corax Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:23 pm

» Writing a Book...!
by Sarahsteam Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:26 am

» Subject: STEAMPUNK!
by Bartholomew Thatch Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:17 am

» Scheduled Maintenance Saturday Feb 19, 2022 @ 12:00 Noon EST
by Lazaras Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:49 am

» New Brass Goggles Administrator
by Xenos Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:21 am

» New member introduction thread.
by Avalon Skyboat Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:24 am

» Unexpected Change of Nationality?
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:34 pm

» How was your day thread (continued)
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:06 pm

» We Have Reached Peak Beard!
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:45 am

» Choose your Favorite Spare Goggles Emoticon!
by von Corax Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:02 am

» I hereby declare this a wizard-free zone
by The Corsair Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:29 am

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Statistics
We have 731 registered users
The newest registered user is vastfrontierz

Our users have posted a total of 8204 messages in 708 subjects

The Tablet And The Dagger Interim OOC Thread

4 posters

Go down

The Tablet And The Dagger Interim OOC Thread Empty The Tablet And The Dagger Interim OOC Thread

Post  mwbaaailey Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:13 pm

The Tablet And The Dagger Interim OOC Thread
OK, so here's a thread for OOC and general discussion of The Tablet And The Dagger while Brass Goggles' forum is apparently offline.

Do we want to continue the Game here on Spare Goggles?
mwbaaailey
mwbaaailey
Bosun

Number of posts : 184
Flag : United States
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

The Tablet And The Dagger Interim OOC Thread Empty Re: The Tablet And The Dagger Interim OOC Thread

Post  Miss Gaslight Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:16 pm

We could if everyone rembered where we left off. I think I still have the thread up with my last post on my home computer. I can check when I get home from work.
Miss Gaslight
Miss Gaslight
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Number of posts : 138
Flag : European Union
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

The Tablet And The Dagger Interim OOC Thread Empty Re: The Tablet And The Dagger Interim OOC Thread

Post  mwbaaailey Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:23 am

That would be 'splendid,' as a certain steamy chap hop fellow might have said.
mwbaaailey
mwbaaailey
Bosun

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Gaslight Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:09 am

My computer restarted for updates while i was gone so i lost it but since bg should be back up in the morning I am going to look at making a back up summery here or perhaps in the wiki. Hell I still need to do steam london on there.
Miss Gaslight
Miss Gaslight
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  HAC Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:16 am

Steam Lomdon... Heck, way back, when my health went south for a bit, I killed off (apparently) my character, due to not really being only to see or type easily .. Wonder if it would be possible to 'reappear'.... Thoughts?
Cheers
Harold
HAC
HAC
Comanding Officer

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Gaslight Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:21 am

Well I am making a video game out of that story with an expanded beginning section and a new first quest one of the players set up but never did anything with so I imagine you will have a bigger roll there but we did have you pop back up later right before we met the creatures from the beyond that were all built on the Russian rivalry you started up. Man that story had some amazing twists.
Miss Gaslight
Miss Gaslight
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  mwbaaailey Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:49 am

Miss Gaslight wrote:My computer restarted for updates while i was gone so i lost it but since bg should be back up in the morning I am going to look at making a back up summery here or perhaps in the wiki. Hell I still need to do steam london on there.

I went ahead and started a "Short RP's" section (located in Portrayal Stories right under the Steam London links). I guess the "storyline" section would be where the summary goes, unless you want to make a different page for it (whichever you prefer).

There're also pages in the "Tablet" section for Errata, Miscellanea, Characters, and Ships. (just had a wild hair and decided to go ahead and create it just in case).

HAC, Maybe you could join The Tablet and the Dagger (TTATD), if you're wanting to get into roleplay again... Very Happy

Last edited by mwbaaailey on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding invite to BG Portrayal RP)
mwbaaailey
mwbaaailey
Bosun

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Gaslight Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:57 am

I think those sections will work grate and if we do later decide to expand beyond this one mission it will be a good reference. I have been thinking about expanding and perhaps an episodic string of missions that keep a story going but are open enough to allow people to come and go as they please.

Also I had an idea on the greenies and I was wondering if as the parasites slowly killed their host body they slowed down from fast hunting zombies to slow but powerful ones. Kind of like a decay, i imagine it would take a while tho.
Miss Gaslight
Miss Gaslight
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  mwbaaailey Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:01 am

Miss Gaslight wrote:I think those sections will work grate and if we do later decide to expand beyond this one mission it will be a good reference. I have been thinking about expanding and perhaps an episodic string of missions that keep a story going but are open enough to allow people to come and go as they please.

Also I had an idea on the greenies and I was wondering if as the parasites slowly killed their host body they slowed down from fast hunting zombies to slow but powerful ones. Kind of like a decay, i imagine it would take a while tho.

Yes, I was thinking along those same lines; basically, the 'normalcy' phase that your character mentioned, then Rourke's 'swarm' phase, then I suppose the slower-but-more-powerful phase, perhaps with a kind of sentience that either augments or enslaves the personality of the host.
mwbaaailey
mwbaaailey
Bosun

Back to top Go down

Post  Evelyn Adler Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Miss Gaslight wrote:We could if everyone rembered where we left off. I think I still have the thread up with my last post on my home computer. I can check when I get home from work.

I think the "everyone" part is the problem. Before we have everyone assembled here on the forum, BG will be back up. So my suggestion would be, to just wait. We can discuss offtopic, like the Greenies, in the meantime.
(You create them, I'll kill them, that's my idea about the Greenies btw.)
Evelyn Adler
Evelyn Adler
powder monkey
powder monkey

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  mwbaaailey Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Evelyn Adler wrote:
Miss Gaslight wrote:We could if everyone rembered where we left off. I think I still have the thread up with my last post on my home computer. I can check when I get home from work.

I think the "everyone" part is the problem. Before we have everyone assembled here on the forum, BG will be back up. So my suggestion would be, to just wait. We can discuss offtopic, like the Greenies, in the meantime.
(You create them, I'll kill them, that's my idea about the Greenies btw.)

LOL save some fer the rest of us...

*A Greenie comes shambling through*

MMMMMMOOOAAAANNNNNNN....
mwbaaailey
mwbaaailey
Bosun

Back to top Go down

Post  Evelyn Adler Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:04 pm

The story moved a bit fast at that point - so can we just assume that EVERYONE got some of Ms Starlings experimental ammunition, without everyone writing it seperately?
Evelyn Adler
Evelyn Adler
powder monkey
powder monkey

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  mwbaaailey Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Evelyn Adler wrote:The story moved a bit fast at that point - so can we just assume that EVERYONE got some of Ms Starlings experimental ammunition, without everyone writing it seperately?

That's what I was hoping for, or alternatively, I could just enter a line in a post to that effect.

's a link to the TTATD afrticle on the Brass Goggles Wiki That I created (such as it is):

HERE's a link to the TTATD afrticle on the Brass Goggles Wiki That I created (such as it is).

Last edited by mwbaaailey on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to brass goggles wiki)
mwbaaailey
mwbaaailey
Bosun

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Gaslight Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:22 pm

I figure everyone got some but there are limited rounds to keep things tense. Is the storm that is following the dagger from the tablet trying to conceal it, protect it or eventually rip the ship apart? Mainly because seeing a greenie fried would be kind of cool and if it trying to get at us there could be a few close calls with lightning before we get inside the ship. (did you know that sometimes before a lightning strike your hair will stand up on end?)
Miss Gaslight
Miss Gaslight
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  mwbaaailey Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Miss Gaslight wrote:I figure everyone got some but there are limited rounds to keep things tense. Is the storm that is following the dagger from the tablet trying to conceal it, protect it or eventually rip the ship apart? Mainly because seeing a greenie fried would be kind of cool and if it trying to get at us there could be a few close calls with lightning before we get inside the ship. (did you know that sometimes before a lightning strike your hair will stand up on end?)

My thought originally was that it's an instrument of the will of the Plague God Nirgal trying to destroy the people who usurped his name and tried to appropriate his power (residing within the Tablet) for their own sacriligious (to him) ends. Sort of a re-imagined Mummy's Curse kind of thing.

Yes, we have lots of spectacular lightning here in Southeast Texas; my hair stands up a lot. Maybe that explains a few things... Shocked
mwbaaailey
mwbaaailey
Bosun

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Gaslight Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:48 pm

We just had some thunder here while I was waking up this morning. It is a bit supriseing in december. Then again this has beeen a year for weird weather. I wonder what whould happen of the tablet was struck.
Miss Gaslight
Miss Gaslight
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  mwbaaailey Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Miss Gaslight wrote:We just had some thunder here while I was waking up this morning. It is a bit supriseing in december. Then again this has beeen a year for weird weather. I wonder what whould happen of the tablet was struck.

Hmmm... one of several things, or maybe a combination...
1. Nirgal himself shows up
2.Areshkigal shows up and throws death-bolts everywhere
3. Justin Bieber appears and does his santa claus tune complete with breakdancing greenies (hey, a plague by any other name...sorry, couldn't resist)
4. tablet vaporizes and the world is left with a plague for mankind to solve all alone.
5. tablet vaporizes, Nirgal appears and lifts teh curse of teh plague but leaves a worse one in its place.
6. the storm begins raining infective ichor all ove rthe place.
all in all, I'd think it'd be some very bad mojo, so to speak.
mwbaaailey
mwbaaailey
Bosun

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Gaslight Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:55 am

So right now we four levels on greenie infection.

Normalcy stage
A fresh bitten victim that has yet to have the parasite hatch.

Stage One Coloring
Happens hours to days after normalcy. Has some parasite breeding but is not completely ruled by it yet. May not be completely integrated in the hive mind and takes longer and has a milder reaction to Starling's anti-fungal. Slightly less dangerous and has a very pale green coloration.

Sage Two Rage
Happens up to a week after normalcy. Has extensive parasite breeding and partial hive mind integration. Vivid green coloration and slight musty sent from fungus growth. Has a strong reaction to Starling's anti-fungal, up to and including intense pain, foaming of the mouth, bleeding from the eyes and disorientation. Highly dangerous and fast.

Stage three Juggernaut
Happens a few weeks up to a month after normalcy. Has full hive mind integration and large muscular growths. Deep green almost black coloration and a heavy musty sent from fungus growth. Has a strong reaction to Starling's anti-fungal but it takes a very large dose and a long tome for it to get past the infections defenses. Highly dangerous and slow but with monstrous strenght.

Miss Gaslight
Miss Gaslight
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down