» Rogues Gallery Incidental
by mwbaaailey Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:06 am

» Brass-Gogglers -
by J. Wilhelm Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:58 am

» BG down - domain expired
by oldskoolpunk Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:20 am

» Also found the way....
by The Bullet Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:20 pm

» So... anyone got something to talk about in the meantime?
by Mercury Wells Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:00 pm

» Is Brass Goggles down again?
by Argus Fairbrass Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:46 am

» Here we Go Again?
by mwbaaailey Thu May 08, 2014 11:34 pm

» We Have Reached Peak Beard!
by Captain Lyerly Sun May 04, 2014 4:23 am

» Heartbleed?
by Argus Fairbrass Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:20 am

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Statistics
We have 626 registered users
The newest registered user is Will Rockwell

Our users have posted a total of 7575 messages in 659 subjects

New member introduction thread.

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New member introduction thread.

Post  Jaqhama on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:49 am

CaptZaphod wrote:
Jaqhama wrote:G'day possums

Finally found me way 'ere.

BG goes down and the world totters on the edge of an economic crisis...can it be a coincidence I ask?
Probably not, a butterfly flapping it's wings in South America, hurricanes in Japan and all that stuff.

Kept meself busy finishing the last story for my soon to be published novel. study
Not a Steampunk book I'm afraid.
A collection of my sword and sorcery stories...worth reading of course, tell you so meself. jocolor

Anyhoo...just popped in to say G'day to anyone I know (and everyone I don't know gets included also)

This forum seems to be doing a stirling job.
Keep up the good work.

Cheers: Jaq.

Love sword & sorcery stuff!
Got a website?

Hi Capt

I've got a basic info website with links over at: http://kevin-jaqhama-lumley.blogspot.com/

And a free to read action/adventure sci-fi (on-going) novel at: http://alfwarz.blogspot.com/
(Which contains some sword fantasy, well, a weird alien axe actually.)
Read last page first..Journal Entries numbered.

I'll not post up the S&S book info on my website until the book can actually be purchased.
Then I'll stick up some pages from the book for people to read.

Jaqhama
crewhand
crewhand

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buford Mathias Esq. FRS on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:25 am

Hi everyone.
Some of you may still know me. I hadn't posted much lately on BG before The Event but withdrawal symptoms became too much. I'm looking forward to a few discussions on "the lighter side of steampunk" (Does that motto still apply here?).
Buford Mathias Esq. FRS
powder monkey
powder monkey

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armotag on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Evenin' Chaps. My interest in steampunk has peaked the last couple of weeks, and after a couple of days lurking about, I decided to register, I'm younger than most of you seem to be, just a teenage steampunker right now, but I'll not let that hinder me.

Armotag

Number of posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The V.A.P. on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:14 am

Greetings Armotag! There are other younger steampunks around, so don't feel like a total minority. Welcome to SG, hopefully se eyou on BG some day...
The V.A.P.
officer
officer

Number of posts : 103
Flag :
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptZaphod on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:25 am

Jaqhama wrote:
Hi Capt

I've got a basic info website with links over at: http://kevin-jaqhama-lumley.blogspot.com/

And a free to read action/adventure sci-fi (on-going) novel at: http://alfwarz.blogspot.com/
(Which contains some sword fantasy, well, a weird alien axe actually.)
Read last page first..Journal Entries numbered.

I'll not post up the S&S book info on my website until the book can actually be purchased.
Then I'll stick up some pages from the book for people to read.

Thanks Jaq.
I'll be sure to check them out!

-Z
CaptZaphod
Bosun

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile http://42cookies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Razz Sinewave on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:27 am

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm a musician who's fairly new to the steampunk scene, although I've always loved the style. I'm currently also studying both archaeology and anthropology, I would love a job in those fields one day, I have a passion for travel and exploration which doesn't hurt either. Anyway, I'm glad I found this place and I can't wait to get to know everyone, au revoir.
Razz Sinewave

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-17

View user profile http://vampirefreaks.com/Sine-Wave

Back to top Go down

Post  Buford Mathias Esq. FRS on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Ah, a fellow archaeologist. Welcome, welcome.
Buford Mathias Esq. FRS
powder monkey
powder monkey

Number of posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  T.T. on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:04 pm

Hello.
T.T.
crewhand
crewhand

Number of posts : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptZaphod on Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:58 am

Razz Sinewave wrote:Hello everyone, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm a musician who's fairly new to the steampunk scene, although I've always loved the style. I'm currently also studying both archaeology and anthropology, I would love a job in those fields one day, I have a passion for travel and exploration which doesn't hurt either. Anyway, I'm glad I found this place and I can't wait to get to know everyone, au revoir.
Greetings!
I'm a musician too.
I'm a percussionist in a blues band...you?
CaptZaphod
Bosun

Back to top Go down

Post  Razz Sinewave on Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:57 am

It's nice to meet you all! I'm glad to see some people here share my interests. Very Happy

CaptZaphod: I'm totally solo myself, I started out playing classical, and jazz piano, but now I collect vintage synthesizers, and I make music that's sort of a mix between Depeche Mode and Thomas Dolby.
Razz Sinewave

Number of posts : 2

View user profile http://vampirefreaks.com/Sine-Wave

Back to top Go down

Post  The V.A.P. on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:20 am

Welcome!
The V.A.P.
officer
officer

Flag :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pheobsky on Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:41 am

Hullo everyone, I thought I'd just drop a note to reiterate the sympathies of the post above Surprised

Buford Mathias Esq. FRS wrote:Hi everyone.
Some of you may still know me. I hadn't posted much lately on BG before The Event but withdrawal symptoms became too much. I'm looking forward to a few discussions on "the lighter side of steampunk" (Does that motto still apply here?).

Most definitely!
Pheobsky
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-09-12

View user profile http://sparegoggles.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneath on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:49 am

Hello hello! Sneath reporting in finally...
Almost feels like home here. Not quite like going to a completely new forum because there's a lot of familiar faces. Its the people that made brass goggles what it was. As long as we stick together we c... *sniff* *sob*

:edit: woo, more musicians! I'm a drummer/guitarist/singer (in that order) myself.
Sneath
crewhand
crewhand

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Ho BrassGogglers!

Post  E. Mooncat Esq. on Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:23 pm

What Ho!
What can I say by way of Introduction? *ponders* I suppose I could make a feeble stab at writing somefink of witty eloquence in a spurious attempt to convince you that I'm 'quite fascinating actually'. Hmmm, perhaps not… there is the danger that the resulting spiel would be so dreary that you might end up falling asleep, only to wake up half-an-hour later with the imprint of the computer keyboard on one side of your purty ickle face. Oh deary me no, that would never do, I should never be able to forgive myself. *cackles* So I shall keep it brief(ish)…

NAME : Pray allow me to introduce myself: E.Mooncat Esq. ...but chums just call me Mooncat.

AGE : Well, according to my MM profile I'm 30-somefink, but that is a sort of jest. I was actually born as a six year old kitten in a Transylvanian Castle on the Moon in 1779. Or something.

LOCATION : England, where we wear splendid top hats; spend most of the time having teaparties or messing about in boats or playing cricket or such, while saying stuff like "oh I say how perfectly spiffing old bean" or “Heavens to Betsy, how utterly dreadful for you m’dear”.

ABOUT ME : Beneath the murky waters of my past lie the drowned corpses of my former incarnations as a Fine Art Student, Pro Photographer, Pro Landscape Gardener, Amateur Musician and Writer. These days, when I’m not busy drinking tea or daydreaming, I’m an aspiring Photoshop Artist / Photographer. Rather than elucidate any further upon such matters here, I shall content myself with a vague wave of my jaggedy-clawed paw towards the general direction of one of my online profiles, which come in several spookadelic flavours. On the off-chance that anyone is vaguely interested in taking a glimpse into the Haunted Netherworld of E. Mooncat Esq. such persons may thus satisfy their curiosity, as & when they so wish…

ARTWORK / PHOTOGRAPHY : DA PROFILE / MAIN GALLERY
http://ethereal-mooncat.deviantart.com/
ARTWORK / PHOTOGRAPHY : MM PROFILE /GALLERY
http://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=661187
GENERAL : VF PROFILE
http://vampirefreaks.com/EtherealMooncat
MUSIC : VF PROFILE
http://vampirefreaks.com/Etherealised

*grins a toothsome Cheshire Cat grin & vanishes in a wisp of Pearlhanted Moonmist*
Mooncat cat
. Photoshop Artist . Photographer . Clockpunkcat Gentleman .
E. Mooncat Esq.
powder monkey
powder monkey

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-19

View user profile http://ethereal-mooncat.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hellparadiso on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:22 pm

Good day,

I am the epitome of amateur when it comes to steampunk; I'm sure that makes you veterans practically giddy at the prospect of more dumb questions and Nerf mods, but worry not. I am here to quietly observe and learn what I can.

Like so many, I have always been drawn to steampunk style without realizing what it was. Hours spent playing Final Fantasy VI (III, back in my day), watching Wild Wild West over and over, and collecting skeleton keys, old watches, and other such interesting paraphernalia, has led me to this place. Currently, I am unsure what I will do with the knowledge I hope to collect here and other places, but I know I have to do something. I am far too drawn to this concept to ignore it now.

A brief synopsis of me: I am a 20-something married mother of two, and my husband is probably far more supportive of my creative ventures than he should be. I enjoy sewing, knitting, and other such domestic crafts, but I am truly fascinated by metal- and leather-working, small mechanical contraptions that go tick and ding, and generally returning to a time when people were truly aware of what their odds were - and made genuine attempts to better those odds.

I prefer poor ingenuity to wealthy convenience, and it is my understanding that that philosophy is a crux upon which steampunk is built. I believe that I may have found some kindred spirits here, and I am very excited to get to know you all.

Thanks for being here!
hellparadiso
powder monkey
powder monkey

Registration date : 2008-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul8v on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:27 pm

Welcome! If you enjoy making things you've come to the right place! they're a friendly bunch so don't be afraid to ask anything Very Happy

Paul8v
gunner
gunner

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haizea on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:05 pm

Well, I was planning to just wait until Brass Goggles got up and running again, but from the looks of things, that won't be for a while...I've been lurking around stalker-ishly for a while, but I've only just created an account.
So, uh...hi. Neutral
I guess I always liked mechnical things...but after I stumbled across steampunk, it seems to have increased my passion tenfold. I'm no good at making my own stuff at the moment, although I'm in the process of learning. I love salvaging for parts; I'd pilfer the local junkyard if I had someone to do it for me, but sadly all my associates are rather germ-phobic and worried about messing up their hair.
At heart, I'm a writer; I've half-formed my own steampunk universe (although it's still a work in progress) which I hope to get turned into a computer game someday. And naturally, what better a resource than a steampunk forum?
So hello, nice to meet you, have some tea and all that. Hopefully I'll actually get myself to a UK steampunk meet when I gather up the courage...
Haizea
powder monkey
powder monkey

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Heinz on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:47 am

Greetings all,

I've been a fan of steampunk for some time now, and endeavoured to join the Brass Goggles forum about a month ago, which sadly i found to be out of commission.
However, after checking the gaslamp bazarre this eveing, I found this forum, and here I shall stay until all is well again.
I'm a big fan of history, especially military and the 18th/19th centuries, and this has led me into steampunk. I'm especially fascinated by ships and airships, especially the older types, and I like the idea of a universe where they could develop in a completely different way.
In my local area (South East England) i'm trying to gather some of my friends into a small steampunk community; if there is anyone else about, (or any existing communities) please drop me a pm and i'll get in touch. I'm in North kent, near Canterbury.
I'm in the first stages training to be an engineer (doing a-levels currently) with a view to getting a degree and going into maritime or nuclear engineering (purely civil). As such, my skills lie with my hands and my imagination, and i'm currently building a steampunk airship and a steam-powered pistol, which i'll post pics of in the relevant section.
Thank-you all, great to be here finally,
-Matt
Karl Heinz
powder monkey
powder monkey

Registration date : 2008-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The V.A.P. on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:08 am

Welcome all! Hopefully we will see you all on BG...when it returns.
The V.A.P.
officer
officer

Flag :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryce A. Lynch on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Difference Engineer from B-G- reporting in. I have had little time lately to read or post to this form, nor anywhere else for that matter.

Bryce A. Lynch
powder monkey
powder monkey

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-12

View user profile http://drwho.virtadpt.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  hatstand on Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:09 pm

hi there, I hail from the southern reaches of the Empire, Victorian Melbourne. I am in the employ of a Watch House and a keen follower of the Lady Ada. Currently investigating the manufacture of a flying machine for weekend jaunts.

hatstand

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptZaphod on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:11 pm

hatstand wrote:hi there, I hail from the southern reaches of the Empire, Victorian Melbourne. I am in the employ of a Watch House and a keen follower of the Lady Ada. Currently investigating the manufacture of a flying machine for weekend jaunts.
Welcome aboard!
Tea or rum?
CaptZaphod
Bosun

Back to top Go down

Post  hatstand on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:34 am

green island rum captain.

hatstand

Registration date : 2008-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torvald_Faust on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:33 pm

I hope I do not need to introduce myself any further than to show my face, for I do hope I am rememberd by the refugees gathered here. I hope to join all the interesting discussions posthost; I just need to get my bearings Smile
Torvald_Faust
gunner
gunner

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-10-24

View user profile http://hellwolve.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eisenfaust on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:20 pm

Greetings,

I hail from the American southwest. I joined BG slightly before the disaster and just found this splendid oasis today. It is good to see everyone here.

I have been smitten with Steampunk since I picked up my first copy of Haggard and was transported to mystical, dark Africa. Since then I have fed my taste with culture, literature, music, fashion, and technology. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Last edited by Eisenfaust on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding signature)
Eisenfaust

Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top