Spare goggles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Gateway Timeout Errors
by von Corax Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:06 am

» We seem to be down again
by von Corax Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:42 pm

» Yet Another Upgrade: Saturday, 2 September 2023
by von Corax Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:58 pm

» Major Announcement: The Great Migration is Done!
by von Corax Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:13 pm

» If you're attempting to register at Brass Goggles…
by von Corax Fri May 26, 2023 5:30 am

» My Account on the Main Forum Has a Problem; Need Help
by Sorontar Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:57 pm

» Sceduled Server Maintenance
by von Corax Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:02 am

» Major Software Upgrade Wednesday June 8, 2022
by von Corax Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:23 pm

» Writing a Book...!
by Sarahsteam Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:26 am

» Subject: STEAMPUNK!
by Bartholomew Thatch Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:17 am

» Scheduled Maintenance Saturday Feb 19, 2022 @ 12:00 Noon EST
by Lazaras Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:49 am

» New Brass Goggles Administrator
by Xenos Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:21 am

» New member introduction thread.
by Avalon Skyboat Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:24 am

» Unexpected Change of Nationality?
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:34 pm

» How was your day thread (continued)
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:06 pm

» We Have Reached Peak Beard!
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:45 am

» Choose your Favorite Spare Goggles Emoticon!
by von Corax Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:02 am

» I hereby declare this a wizard-free zone
by The Corsair Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:29 am

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Statistics
We have 731 registered users
The newest registered user is vastfrontierz

Our users have posted a total of 8204 messages in 708 subjects

Discussion for The Darkest of Rivers communal writing project

3 posters

Go down

Discussion for The Darkest of Rivers communal writing project Empty Discussion for The Darkest of Rivers communal writing project

Post  The Abi Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:29 pm

MW, Miles, Sgt.Major (and anyone else who wants in!) I figure we've got some time to kill, so we might as well use it to discuss what we want to do with our story.

My idea was always pretty general, that it would be really fun to explore the congo through steampunk/deiselpunk (or whatever we want to call steampunk that has extended past the confines of the victorian/edwardian era).

I like the suspected curse, but my biggest worry is that we'll end up with a story that runs much the same as a Scooby-Do episode, with us "meddling kids" pulling the mask of someone and saving the day simple as pie...

What thoughts do we have?
The Abi
The Abi
crewhand
crewhand

Number of posts : 14
Flag : Earth
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Discussion for The Darkest of Rivers communal writing project Empty Re: Discussion for The Darkest of Rivers communal writing project

Post  mwbaaailey Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:22 pm

I just posted a very short story here about the last moments of my character's last vessel; I would think that other pirates (or 'Jungle Corsairs') would also be in the area, as well as privateers for the various people tryuing to oust the Belgians as well as for the belgians themselves, so That might add a bit of extra flavor. Perhaps a run-in or running feud with a band or 'fleet' of pirates?
mwbaaailey
mwbaaailey
Bosun

Number of posts : 184
Flag : United States
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Discussion for The Darkest of Rivers communal writing project Empty Re: Discussion for The Darkest of Rivers communal writing project

Post  The Abi Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:58 pm

Pirates are good...
The Abi
The Abi
crewhand
crewhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Miles (a sailor)Martin Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:09 am

it depends on how Y'all want to spin it out, as i said on BG in an OOC note from the 10-26 july I am going to either be on the road or busting my hump trying to get a bunch of delayed mant. work done on my place in NM, so will not have the option to get online often then ,so y'all are going to have to carry the main weight of the story during that time, my air ship is a Andrews patent design, a rigid hull/ aluminum skinned, Hydrogen/steam lift, with an unknown electical tech contra gravity/thrust assist( Dean Drive). by varying the input power to the dean drive, the pilot changes the ships relative boyancy and she turns, climbs or dives accordinglyby trading speed for aerodynamic lift she can cover vast distances,but it can be unsettling to the stomach ,as the Areion is continuuosly either climbing or diving to hold steerageway . think LighterThanAir sailplane and that is the Areion 3. given we may run into pirates and such like then swapping out the old Gatling cannon for something a bit more modern is probably wise, it and its ammo weigh in at nearly a ton and a half,(yes i like lots of ammo reserve), so it would make sence to load out with four maxims in .45-70 or Browning's in .50 cal with SAPI and HEI ammo if the Baron can fix us up.

Miles (a sailor)Martin
crewhand
crewhand

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  mwbaaailey Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:50 am

As of today (8-14-2011):
How about the rest of the trip? what should Rafe stumble over on his way back to camp and the ship (if anything)? Etc.?
mwbaaailey
mwbaaailey
Bosun

Back to top Go down

Post  Miles (a sailor)Martin Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:08 pm

possibly a point of interest (disguised/disused rail line or air strip),leftover from the Great War? Miles

Miles (a sailor)Martin
crewhand
crewhand

Back to top Go down

Post  mwbaaailey Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:22 am

hmmm...Yeah, I was thinking maybe that, or a wreck from the assault on Earth from the last Martian debacle, either a Martian or an Earth wreck., maybe for a tie-in with the Curse angle.
mwbaaailey
mwbaaailey
Bosun

Back to top Go down

Post  The Abi Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:55 pm

Gah! I *finally* get my post finished, and BG is down... If it's not up before work, it wont get posted til tomorrow...

Synopsis, introduce all the swells, eat breakfast, and Abi retires with the ladies to give Tommy a chance to feel out the men without the womenfolk around Wink

Once Sgt.Major has a chance to respond if he wants, we'll bring the group to the Aerion and get this excursion on the road! Also, I've got it as an OOC note in the post to go up, but all the supporting cast I put out there are up for grabs except Joe Raslo. I think he'll be fun to write, so I want to give him a go Smile

As to what Rafe ought to find..... I'm thinking Martian wreckage? Or a secret base of Belgiums working with the Nazi types (no WWII, remember) against the will of the rest of Belgium and Belgium Congo?
The Abi
The Abi
crewhand
crewhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Miles (a sailor)Martin Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:20 am

how 'bout a rebuilt then wrecked martian war era machine, with German dressed bodys/skeletons left aboard. IE - no suvivors of the crew. mix of tech that only shows from inside.? Miles

Miles (a sailor)Martin
crewhand
crewhand

Back to top Go down

Post  The Abi Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Well, at least I got my post up this time, lol.
The Abi
The Abi
crewhand
crewhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down