Spare goggles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Gateway Timeout Errors
by von Corax Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:06 am

» We seem to be down again
by von Corax Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:42 pm

» Yet Another Upgrade: Saturday, 2 September 2023
by von Corax Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:58 pm

» Major Announcement: The Great Migration is Done!
by von Corax Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:13 pm

» If you're attempting to register at Brass Goggles…
by von Corax Fri May 26, 2023 5:30 am

» My Account on the Main Forum Has a Problem; Need Help
by Sorontar Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:57 pm

» Sceduled Server Maintenance
by von Corax Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:02 am

» Major Software Upgrade Wednesday June 8, 2022
by von Corax Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:23 pm

» Writing a Book...!
by Sarahsteam Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:26 am

» Subject: STEAMPUNK!
by Bartholomew Thatch Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:17 am

» Scheduled Maintenance Saturday Feb 19, 2022 @ 12:00 Noon EST
by Lazaras Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:49 am

» New Brass Goggles Administrator
by Xenos Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:21 am

» New member introduction thread.
by Avalon Skyboat Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:24 am

» Unexpected Change of Nationality?
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:34 pm

» How was your day thread (continued)
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:06 pm

» We Have Reached Peak Beard!
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:45 am

» Choose your Favorite Spare Goggles Emoticon!
by von Corax Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:02 am

» I hereby declare this a wizard-free zone
by The Corsair Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:29 am

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Statistics
We have 731 registered users
The newest registered user is vastfrontierz

Our users have posted a total of 8204 messages in 708 subjects

Forthcoming UK events and ideas

+20
Engineer
the Governess
Arminta Fresche
auntie ludmilla
Esme Moore
Smaggers
electroginge
Gazongola
Paul8v
Mich
lady sakara
Herr Döktor
Shameri
Administrator
Mr. Ethan Grammatikidis
Sir A Poiselamppe
Tiny5th
Doc Hornfels
Zwack
Steamblast Mary
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forthcoming UK events and ideas - Page 2 Empty Re: Forthcoming UK events and ideas

Post  auntie ludmilla Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Just posting so I don't lose the thread, and also as a reminder that the Rifle Club will be steampunk central throughout Whitby goth weekend. We'll be trading there fri, sat and sun, and the evening entertainments will be taking place on friday and saturday. I'm sure most of you know already, but just in case!
auntie ludmilla
auntie ludmilla
crewhand
crewhand

Number of posts : 11
Flag : Denmark
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Forthcoming UK events and ideas - Page 2 Empty Nottingham events.

Post  Arminta Fresche Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:39 pm

Shameri wrote:How exciting. A further suggestion for the distant future: Nottingham's Wollaton park (a splendid estate, lovely old manor house and perfect spot for a picnic) has an industrial museum, and it runs the steam engines on the last sunday of each month.
I do believe if I don't see a handful of you in person before long, one of my valves will burst.

Wollaton park is a great idea, but maybe one for a spring event when it's a bit warmer?

Events arranged so far:

12 November - general Steampunk convivial - The Malt Cross 7-7.30 (tho I'll be there from 5.30 should anyone want to join me for dinner) The Malt Cross. 16 St James's Street Nottingham NG1 6FG http://www.maltcross.com/

12th December - Wallace and Gromit Great British Steampunk Tea Party, the Jamcafe, Heathcoat Street, Hockley from 3.30 till late.
Facebook events page: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=141843339194118 In aid of the Wallace and Gromit Children's Foundation.

All welcome!!! cheers
Arminta Fresche
Arminta Fresche

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Forthcoming UK events and ideas - Page 2 Empty Nottingham meet-up Friday 12th November CHANGE OF VENUE: it's now the CASTLE pub (opposite the Castle)

Post  Arminta Fresche Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:53 pm

Arminta Fresche wrote:
Shameri wrote:How exciting. A further suggestion for the distant future: Nottingham's Wollaton park (a splendid estate, lovely old manor house and perfect spot for a picnic) has an industrial museum, and it runs the steam engines on the last sunday of each month.
I do believe if I don't see a handful of you in person before long, one of my valves will burst.

Wollaton park is a great idea, but maybe one for a spring event when it's a bit warmer?

Events arranged so far:

12 November - general Steampunk convivial - The Malt Cross 7-7.30 (tho I'll be there from 5.30 should anyone want to join me for dinner) The Malt Cross. 16 St James's Street Nottingham NG1 6FG http://www.maltcross.com/

12th December - Wallace and Gromit Great British Steampunk Tea Party, the Jamcafe, Heathcoat Street, Hockley from 3.30 till late.
Facebook events page: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=141843339194118 In aid of the Wallace and Gromit Children's Foundation.

All welcome!!! cheers
Arminta Fresche
Arminta Fresche

Back to top Go down

Forthcoming UK events and ideas - Page 2 Empty Re: Forthcoming UK events and ideas

Post  Steamblast Mary Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 pm

I'm hoping to get to the December tea party, but BTH, this year's just been a blur and things come around so quickly so am playing it by ear.

We've had several meets at Wollaton Park in previous years, soon as the weather turns warmer next year it'll be time to propose a picnic there.

Steamblast Mary
officer
officer

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  the Governess Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:33 pm

Steamblast Mary wrote:

We've had several meets at Wollaton Park in previous years, soon as the weather turns warmer next year it'll be time to propose a picnic there.

We had a meet at the end of August this year, too - it was a supposed to be a steaming day, but sadly due to an inspection there was no steaming... a little inclement for a picnic, but we retired to a very nice pub not far away, which I can't remember the name of, and ate there. The museums, gardens, and deer were very nice, but it'd be good to go back when the steaming is actually on!

the Governess

Registration date : 2010-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Engineer Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:33 am

Just to remind people ...

Just before BG crashed we were discussing meeting at the original re-anactors market (TORM) on Saturday next wekeend. Tinker and Lady Elsie will be trading, so the obvious place to meet will be at their stall. But at what time?

(I will be at an AGM that, I hope, will not run much longer beyond 12am)
Engineer
Engineer

Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Steamblast Mary Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:28 am

We plan to be there, but M. is working on Saturday, so would have to be the Sunday.

Steamblast Mary
officer
officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelica Needle Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:15 pm

We also suggested meeting for drinks at 6 in the Blacksmith's Arms (nearest pub) on the Friday night for anyone doing Friday only or staying. Rob & I shall probably be in mufti (it's just after work) but we will probably take a wander down for a pint & hopefully spot some people - anyone care to join us? (I have long brown straight hair & Rob is very grey, if you're trying to spot us!)

(I will be at an AGM that, I hope, will not run much longer beyond 12am)
12am - an AGM for vampires? Smile

Angelica Needle
powder monkey
powder monkey

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  Prof_Von_Grumbleflick Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:46 am

Anyone in London, I can't recommend highly enough the Kew Bridge Steam Museum. They run some magnificent machines throughout the year. I've always wanted to have a steampunk meetup there. A great place to get some very decent photographs as well.
Prof_Von_Grumbleflick
Prof_Von_Grumbleflick
crewhand
crewhand

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  the Governess Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:33 am

Prof_Von_Grumbleflick wrote:Anyone in London, I can't recommend highly enough the Kew Bridge Steam Museum. They run some magnificent machines throughout the year. I've always wanted to have a steampunk meetup there. A great place to get some very decent photographs as well.

There'll be a steampunk exhibition running there next summer for a couple of months- plenty of events planned...

the Governess

Registration date : 2010-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Prof_Von_Grumbleflick Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:19 pm

How delightful! I live but 100 yards from there.
My alter-ego is a live-events technician, should you require any assistance, but certainly, I shall be in attendance and I will attempt to persuade my companions likewise.
Prof_Von_Grumbleflick
Prof_Von_Grumbleflick
crewhand
crewhand

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Steamblast Mary Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:10 am

Prof_Von_Grumbleflick wrote:How delightful! I live but 100 yards from there.
My alter-ego is a live-events technician, should you require any assistance, but certainly, I shall be in attendance and I will attempt to persuade my companions likewise.

Drop Tinker a line- he goes by Major Tinker on BG and Thadeus Tinker on Facebook. He is the brains behind the Asylum and the Steampunk Exhibition.

Last edited by Steamblast Mary on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steamblast Mary
officer
officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinker Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:10 pm

I am just Tinker on here...

The exhibition at Kew starts on June 4th and runs until the end of August. There will be a ball on the opening weekend and there are other weekend events planned: makers, music, and fashion. The event will then tour on terminating in Glasgow in the spring of 2012.

In fact we are having an advance publicity photo shoot at Kew this coming Monday afternoon.

Breaking news - you might like to keep the weekend of March 4th clear. We have provisionally prebooked a weekend at the Grand Hotel in Llandudno. A victorian hotel which opens directly onto the victorian pier. What could be more apt? This will be a VSS weekend of the type you know and enjoy but also include the commemorative march of the 3rd Foot & Mouth up the Khyber Pass (Watkin's Path where the film was shot.)

Tinker

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Steamblast Mary Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:35 pm

Dash it! My sister has the NERVE to have her <<editted for etiquette- but a landmark one>> birthday fall on that weekend.

A case for the Cloning device, it seems... Crying or Very sad

Steamblast Mary
officer
officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tranzient gallery Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:43 pm

hmmm.... the future Mrs has her birthday on the 5th March ill have to see if a can convince her to join me on a little weekend break.....
Tranzient gallery
Tranzient gallery
powder monkey
powder monkey

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2